Public Eye is a community newspaper that is published every Thursday by Thabure Brands (Pty) Ltd, an Independent Publisher with level 1 B-BBEE certification and is 100% black owned.
Based in Bloemfontein, Thabure Brands (Pty) Ltd is currently at a start-up stage and growing this news publication, which caters for the Mangaung citizens and its outer regions as a means of advocating for the city’s economic competitiveness.
Public Eye newspaper is a free publication, a method that boosts the advantages of having a concentrated circulation within the province. We serve the Free State citizens and those outside the borders of our province with our digital platforms:
We hope to shine a positive light into our community. To brighten the corner where we live.
GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
Public Eye newspaper’s objectives are to inform, educate and entertain our readers.
- We intend to promote print reading, during a digital era where physical-reading material is becoming a scarcity; and the art of reading is becoming neglected;
- We aim to improve financial literacy within the community, during an age where debt accumulation is becoming a tipping point in our society;
- We plan to make business opportunities accessible, in a generation flourishing with aspiring entrepreneurs both young and old;
- We want to stimulate the flow of trade between consumers and enterprises, in a time where the relay of information is becoming limited, exclusive and expensive.
- We strive to be the eyes and ears of the community, in a period where disruptions occur not due to authorities ignoring concerns, but due to the community not being well informed of plans and actions the authorities are taking.
Instead of following an autocratic organisational structure, we empower our staff to be ‘self-managed’ as far as possible. This is the attitude we live out to our audience. The more audience we can empower, the better for growth in the community.